Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:21:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: idunham@...abit.com
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Priorities for next release?

> On 8/11/12 2:05 AM, Rich Felker wrote:

all very good...
Out of curiousity, have you (or anyone else, for that matter) checked how
much of the LSB ABI is supported as of yet?

Also, if we're talking about adding MD5 or SHA (of the two, I think sha is
the more important) along the line, I'd think that adding multiple
crypt-related APIs in one release makes sense. Not all that important,
though.

I'm guessing that merging ppc/mips64/microblaze ports will end up waiting
for another release?

>>> As annoying as it is XOPEN ifdeffery would be a boon...
>>
>> What do you mean?
>
> -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 and such.

Points to consider:
1-it might slow down compiling and make headers ugly.
2-as the person who added _BSD_SOURCE, I can assure you that it's not a
quick project. And with school starting in 2 weeks, I'm not the one doing
it.
(I don't think it's going to happen timely enough for the next release,
certainly)
3- -D_GNU_SOURCE will do for building most of this stuff
4-if you want a header change, may I politely suggest that you do the
patches?

HTH,
Isaac Dunham