Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:12:55 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Priorities for next release?

Hi all,
Since we have some major progress since 0.9.3, I'm thinking of making
the next release pretty soon. Big things so far:

- Blowfish crypt
- MIPS dynamic linker
- Major MIPS bug fixes
- ARM hard float support

Among the other improvements that are pending, what else would you
like to see in 0.9.4? I know there's a pending bug fix for wcsstr (and
perhaps the wcs* functions could use some checking in general). I have
asm for memcpy on i386 and x86_64 which could be committed. It might
also be desirable to get md5 and sha hash functions for crypt
integrated if anybody can provide efficient ones under appropriate
license. My understanding is that they're mainly for compatibility
with existing password hashes and otherwise inferrior to blowfish, so
I'd really like to focus on having them be small and unobtrusive at
the expense of some speed.

Other requests?