Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:13:49 +0200
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Vision for new platform

> I'm generally of the opinion that trying to tightly integrate these
> (largely unrelated) tasks just creates a lot of complexity and lock-in
> with little or no benefit. In contrast, for problems #1 and 2, I have
> a 22-line (C) init program that does nothing but run the boot script
> and reap orphaned zombies,

"ninit is an extremely small init daemon that does nothing more than
call shell scripts in response to events and reap zombies."

http://kain.us/nk/projects/

> and a 34-line (C) program that repeatedly
> re-runs a program in a new session every time it exits. The latter,
> combined with a 14-line (shell script) getty program, is sufficient to
> handle all console logins.
>
> I hope this doesn't come across as a claim that ALL of the above tasks
> are trivial; indeed, they're not. But I think it is a motivation for
> highly factoring different tasks...
>
> Rich

The key is that we have built a solution that will meet our
expectations. We discuss different ideas, but finally will need to
reduce everything to a single working solution.

Daniel