Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:58:34 +0100
From: Reuben Thomas <rrt@...d.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: printf POSIX compliance

On 8 June 2012 17:51, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
>> As regards the particular problem with freadahead, looking at the code
>> suggests a workaround of -DSLOW_BUT_NO_HACKS to avoid trying to build
>> the FILE-fiddling code.
>
> Someone building the package should not have to do this.

I agree. Again, I suspect that pointing out the problems you go on to
cite may influence change in gnulib. I suspect that, as you said
earlier, the maintainers of gnulib have been primarily concerned in
the past with porting to old, broken systems, not new ones which don't
so much need their help.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org