Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:16:53 +0100
From: Reuben Thomas <rrt@...d.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: printf POSIX compliance

On 8 June 2012 16:53, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 04:43:45PM +0100, Reuben Thomas wrote:
>> On 8 June 2012 16:29, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks; I think that settles it then. I wonder if they'd accept a
>> > patch upstream to fix this bug..
>>
>> The answer is very much "yes", in my experience (I'm not a gnulib
>> developer, but I have submitted patches on several occasions).
>> bug-gnulib@....org!
>
> I was referring to m4, which seems largely unmaintained, not gnulib.

The maintainers (Gary Vaughan and Eric Blake) are both active, so I
think it's worth it; Eric works on gnulib too.

You're right that of course for practical purposes it requires new
releases using the fixed version of gnulib, but many of these issues
(this one included) affect multiple packages, and also it's possible
to "repair" a broken package by refreshing gnulib before building.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org