Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 20:01:23 +0800
From: orc <orc@...server.ru>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Hello

Hi all.
Finally frustrated with gnulibc, I found your project.
I want to thank you for developing this. It's really a good and simple
replacement for this pile of crap that is called 'glibc' today. Of
course there still issues and missing features, but I am impressed. I
have already a custom root musl-enabled cross-compiled image that is
only 40M long on i686 (with gcc+binutils+busybox+flex/bison/m4/bash)
and it can produce itself natively without problems, can build a
working kernel. It can build g++! (but painfully slow in QEMU)
So I get a system, but not without any issues of course. I can report
issues about building various packages, and submit patches if needed. I
have a set of patches for various packages (most of them are about
missing/invalid #includes).
I'm not a developer, sorry (I have a basic-to-middle C knowledge
enough to understand why build fails), but still can help in areas of
application compatibility, testing and cross-compiling. Anyone
interested?