Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 15:43:19 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Possible ARM struct stat problem.

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 01:35:07PM -0500, Richard Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think a found a problem with the struct stat definition for the ARM. It
> needed a bit more padding. I've attached a diff and wrote about it on my blog
> if you'd like more information.
>
> http://ellcc.org/blog/?p=121

This looks like a clang bug. Per the ABI, long long has 8-byte
alignment on ARM. Thus, the structure definition musl has right now
will give the right layout to match the ABI, and in fact it works
perfectly when compiled with GCC.

I'm not entirely opposed to putting the explicit padding in there,
since this is an arch-specific structure anyway, but I think you
should check your compiler. The same issue might come up elsewhere and
might not be so easy to work around.

Let me know what you find.