Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:40:51 -0500
From: Richard Pennington <rich@...nware.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: clang/musl progress and a small bug.

Hi,

clang's libcompiler-rt doesn't have support for crtbegin.o and crtend.o so
global constructors and destructors didn't work out of the box. If I link with
the NetBSD versions of crtbegin.c and crtend.c in place of the musl crti.s and
crtn.s everything works fine. For now, I've added them to the musl build under
crt.

I think I found a bug while running my library regression test. The zero test
failed in the following code:

    TEST_TRACE(C99 7.20.3.1)
    p = calloc(100, sizeof(char));
    TEST(p != NULL, "calloc() returned a pointer");
    int flag = 1;
    for (i = 0; i < 100; ++i) {
        if (p[i] != 0) {
            flag = 0;
        }
    }
    TEST(flag, "calloc() returned zeroed memory");

The TEST() macro is kind of like assert but it prints out the message and
counts failures and successes:

PASS: 001stdlib.c:74: Stdlib(Stdlib): calloc() returned a pointer
FAIL: 001stdlib.c:81: Stdlib(Stdlib): calloc() returned zeroed memory
Stdlib unit tests completed
    32 tests run
    1 test failed

Am I missing something?