Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 22:53:06 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: A little more progress today with clang/LLVM

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 09:35:59PM -0500, Richard Pennington wrote:
> I'll send you the list. The only one that looked sort of bad to me was the out
> of bounds array reference. It was on the x86_64 in the pthread_barrier_t
> access. clang complained about referencing __p[4], which is out of bounds.
> That code is a little cryptic to me right now, since I'm a newbi. ;-)

Thanks! Indeed, that's broken. I must not have noticed since I'm on
x86 (32-bit). The situation with the definition of these types is
unfortunate and I might eventually change it; basically, to avoid
leaking implementation details in the public headers, and to avoid
having to change the bits headers for all archs if I change the way
these primitives work, the public headers just have a union with ints
and pointers matching the ABI's size for the type, and pthread_impl.h
has macros that map fields into these slots in such a way that the
mapping works on both 32- and 64-bit systems.

Fixing now...