Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:51:19 -0700
From: nwmcsween <nwmcsween@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Vision for new platform

I am also working on something similar but less ambitious - I want to
reuse what's out there but based on code quality. I plan on using llvm,
musl, compiler-rt, libc++, mclinker, toybox and a few required gnu
projects. My main idea is to use mruby and rspec for integration
testing (to mitigate breakage and ensure deployability) and for package
building / testing where building is for many package manager formats
(such as output for rpm, deb, etc) and where testing covers mainly code
quality based on analysis. There's also a whole whack of other ideas I
have such as using LSH for hashing source (to find similar bad sections
of code as well as categorizing packages), using git, svn, etc to keep
with upstream, allow hackability and maybe even bisection across an
entire dependency graph.