Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:49:08 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SIG_* in signal.h

On Wed, 16 May 2012 20:14:16 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:12:27AM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> > i just tried to compile pcc using musl
> > and it failed because SIG_IGN was undefined
> >
> > it seem SIG_ING, SIG_ERR, SIG_DFL are ifdefed
> > with various featuretest macros in signal.h
> > eventhough they are ansic
>
> Are you sure? I don't see that problem in my version and as far as I
> know I fixed that bug about a year ago...
Don't see it here, either. OTOH, it's not easy to see that it isn't the
case.
Line 205 marks the end of the #ifdef _EVERYBODY_AND_HIS_DOG_SOURCE
macros, which start at lines 8 & 9.  I'd like to see an editor where
you can tell that without reading every line in between...(not to start
a war over editors, mind you!)
This is where I see a reason for stuff like:
#endif /* XOPEN/GNU/POSIX */
A comment after every endif (like glibc does) is rather absurd, though.

And it seems to me that usually the non-macro-protected code goes on
top, making it clearer what is ANSI...

Not to say that it's wrong, just that it could be clearer.

Isaac Dunham