Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:28:28 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New gcc wrapper to try

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 05:19:05 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 10:57:04PM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:37:51 -0400
> > Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
> >
> > > Here's an updated version which fixes some issues with the
> > > previous (wrong crtbegin/end files when -shared is used, etc.)
> > >
> > Doesn't fix building wireless-tools (I've changed the target
> > directory to fit my install; no other changes)
> > In fact, where the old musl-gcc can link the object-file statically,
> > this one cannot link it at all, under any circumstances.
> > (This version is saved as muslcc, if you want to examine the
> > logs...) Using make iwmulticall
>
> Somebody has enabled stack protector. Either your distro (what distro
> are you using) has hacked gcc in a way different from what musl-gcc
> expects, or wireless-tools' makefile is adding -fstack-protector...

There's no -fstack-protector, so it's Ubuntu's fault.
Now (as hacked) builds iwmulticall.
Attached is my version, with manual disable for stack protector (and
also -V support, in case I want to use both gcc-4.1 and 4.4 )

Isaac Dunham

Download attachment "muslcc" of type "application/octet-stream" (1011 bytes)