Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 00:10:00 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: C++ support!

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that musl is now (as of current git) able to
support C++ programs. I've just built gcc 4.6.2 with C++ support,
including shared libgcc_s.so and libstdc++.so, and everything seems to
work as expected.

In order to get libstdc++ to build, the config/os/gnu-linux directory
needs to be removed and replaced with a symlink to (or copy of) the
contents of config/os/generic. This is to remove the
glibc-locale-specific bit-peeking hacks that depend on glibc's
implementation of ctype.h.

You may also encounter the libstdc++ configure script complaining that
it cannot run programs produced by the newly-build gcc compiler. This
can be worked around by convincing the build process that you're
building a cross-compiler or by adding the in-build-tree path to
libgcc_s.so.1 to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I have not tried building any major C++ software, only trivial test
programs, so I would welcome reports on whether real-world programs
work as expected.