Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:59:17 -0600
From: Bobby Bingham <uhmmmm@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: License survey

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:
> [...]
> i'd encourage sharing third party improvements
> (and try to make it easy)
> but would not try to enforce it
> (except may be by publishing evildoers on a wall of shame)

This sounds like a contradictory position to me.

The whole point of a license is as a place for you to spell out your
requirements for others to use/redistribute the software.  If you want
them to share their improvements, that's exactly the sort of thing
that belongs in the license.

It sounds odd to me to use a license allowing others to keep their
improvements closed, and then to shame them for actually following the
license.

--
Bobby Bingham