Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:25:31 -0500
From: Kurt H Maier <khm@...ma.in>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: License survey

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 11:18:12AM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:

> One thing I like about copyleft and having external copyright holders
> is that the rules apply to me too.

License choice and copyright assignment are two different issues.  If
musl continues with a copyleft license, I'll be slightly disappointed
and that's about it.  If copyright is assigned to the FSF, it's going to
become terrible, just like everything else the FSF touches.  If
copyright were assigned to some arbitrary mediator just to shield you
from liability at work, I'd be less concerned... but the FSF is where
software goes to lose its mind.