Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:40:26 +0200
From: Luka Marčetić <paxcoder@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cluts daily reports 8/12 - continuing pthread_eintr, still
 stuck with alloc

On 08/12/2011 04:41 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 04:45:58AM +0200, Luka Marčetić wrote:
>> alloc.c
> So we're on the same page, is the latest version in git what you're
> looking at? I'll take a look..

No, it was attached to the mail. Will commit though.

>> Both musl and glibc macros generate invalid code for this one, it
>> ends with `do {;` in both cases iirc. Strange - what is it?
> You might want to read this:
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/pthread_cleanup_pop.html
>
> There's even a sample implementation in the rationale.
>
> Rich

What I read was:

"The thread exits (that is, calls/pthread_exit/()
<http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/pthread_exit.html>)."

Then I clicked the
link(http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/pthread_exit.html
<http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/pthread_exit.html>),
hoping to find this:

"An implicit call to/pthread_exit/() is made when a thread other than
the thread in which/main/() was first invoked returns from the start
routine that was used to create it."

And when I did, I've overlooked '{', expecting an '}'. I regard this as
slight inconsistency in the standard. At least it's missing the word
"explicitly", but I'd reword it altogether hehe.
Anyway, I'll just cast the void* to a function pointer and call it directly.
Thanks.
Luka

Content of type "text/html" skipped