Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:38:30 +0200
From: Luka Marčetić <paxcoder@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cluts comments

On 08/03/2011 07:04 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> i've reported these on irc, but luka was not there
> so before i forget:
>
> alloc.c:127: WEXITSTAUS(stat) used after !WIFEXITED(stat)
>
> alloc.c should include signal.h (it uses sigaction)
>
> alloc.c does not compile with glibc here
> it seems _POSIX_C_SOURCE is not enough for
> glibc to have SA_NODEFER in signal.h
> i guess that's a glibc bug..

Thanks for the bug, Szabolcs. I'll correct it, and also add the header.
Not sure why you get an error for SA_NODEFER though. It compiles for me
just fine with gcc version 4.6.1 (Debian 4.6.1-5) .
Note that alloc.c still crashes. I didn't know why yet ( possibly
something very bad ;-) ). Same for setuid.c, which hangs. If you could
find the reason for those two bugs, that would be awesome and I'd be
very grateful. If not, I'll do it once I finish this darned generator.

> There's a difference for scanf, but not for printf, and the convention
> is to use %d with printf.
>
> Alexander

Well it is used more, I don't know about a convention... I do like %i
better (though I was taught %d - hence the omissions). The reason why I
like %i is that it implies the integer type. And that's what i have in
alloc.c.
If you want me to change all %i to %d across all files, i can do that :-/
Luka