Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:36:32 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: close(2) failure cases (was: some fixes to musl)

Rich,

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 18:29 -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> Do you know any reliable way to setup the kernel to block/sleep for a
> measurable length of time on close() so that I could test this?

The easiest way is patching sys_close() ;-)

But as you likely need a test reproducable on all kernel versions, you
should use some FS that blocks/loops in either fops->flush() or
fops->release().  The easiest way should be FUSE and a custom FUSE
module where you just call sleep() inside of ->release().

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy