Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 00:47:56 +0200
From: Luka Marčetić <paxcoder@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daily cluts reports - numeric, setuid, and mid-term evaluation

Greetings.

The results of coding today:
     * Polished numeric tests - very much of the credit goes to Rich
(thanks). Hopefully these tests are "production quality" now, though
there's always room for new ones and suggestions are welcome.
     * Fixing setuid.c, which should do its job of testing setuid/getuid
in a threaded environment now - those who are following are probably
interested in the results: The test indeed reports failure on certain
libc's, but before I can say with confidence that the test is correct,
I'm going to need a second pair of eyes, so if you're willing to review
it please do fetch the file. More about this in #musl.

Next up:
     * writing a new test collection, that test functions that allocate
buffers (#7), or
     * rewriting (alloc.c), or
     * maybe even something else entirely

--Luka

P.S. I've just been informed that I've passed mid-term evaluations, so
thank you to all that have put up with me so far. Especially, of course,
to my mentor, Rich (most of all for your help and guidance), and the
project leader Alexander (most of all for the incentive and
involvement). Now begins work to pass the the second evaluation also ;-)
and finish the set tasks.