Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 02:02:39 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Dynamic linker committed!

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 08:49:59AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> At present, the library search path is hard coded as
> /lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib. Obviously this only works if you have a
> musl-based system rather than having glibc stuff in those paths, so
> until I add configurability, you might want to edit the path in
> src/ldso/dynamic.c manually when building.

Search path support has been added. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used (except
for suid/sgid) and after that, the contents of /etc/ld-musl-$ARCH.path
are read and used as a (colon-separated) path string. If that file
cannot be read, a default path is used instead.

I have also made various changes to the build system for
installing/deploying shared libraries.

Please test and let me know if there are problems! I hope to make an
official release soon.