Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 01:43:09 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [compatibility] tmux

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 05:23:42AM +0200, Valentin Ochs wrote:
> tmux:
>  - need to remove HAVE_PROGNAME from its config.h

This is simply a bug in tmux.

>  - need to remove HAVE_U_INT, or typedefs for u_int16_t, u_int32_t

musl has always had u_*_t in sys/types.h, per POSIX, and I added the
other u_* BSD-isms today in case you need them. Is something else
wrong?

>  - need to remove HAVE_FORKPTY, but it uses forkpty() anyway. It has its
>    own implementation in compat/forkpty-{aix,sunos}.c, but I'm not yet
>    sure if those work.

I'm thinking I might should just write this function, since I already
included the related "openpty" function that's also nonstandard. Lots
of broken apps, when the can't find these functions, fall back to
broken, much-less-portable techniques and make worse problems, it
seems...