Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 08:51:23 -0700
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: Romain Perier <romain.perier@...il.com>
Cc: Kernel Hardening <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>,
	Shyam Saini <mayhs11saini@...il.com>
Subject: Re: refactor tasklets to avoid unsigned long argument

On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 09:35:17AM +0200, Romain Perier wrote:
> I would be interested by this task (so I will mark it as "WIP" on the
> wiki). I just need context :)

Sounds good!

This task is similar to the struct timer_list refactoring. Instead of
passing an arbitrary "unsigned long" argument, it's better that the
"parent" structure that holds the tasklet should be found using
container_of(), and the argument should be the tasklet itself.

Let me know if you need more detail on what that should look like! (And
as always, double-check the sanity of this work: perhaps the refactoring
creates more problems than it solves? Part of this work item is
evaluating the work itself.)

Thanks!

--
Kees Cook