Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 15:03:20 -0800
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: Ahmed Soliman <ahmedsoliman0x666@...il.com>
Cc: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Updating wikis request

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 5:31 AM, Ahmed Soliman
<ahmedsoliman0x666@...il.com> wrote:
> In previous email, I did state that i was interested in woking on ASLR on
> ARM as it was open todo here:
> http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Self_Protection_Project/Work

Yeah, this is still on the TODO since it's not yet landed in the
upstream kernel. As mentioned, Ard has a working version of it, so
that's the best place to start.

> I was reading through mailing lists and it looks like some one did already
> implement KASLR for arm
> https://lwn.net/Articles/732891/
>
> Please if anyone got an idea for what to contribute in, i would deeply
> appreciate it, I am already reading the archives, but really the most
> unproductive way and i will appreciate it if anyone provide guidance.

In my other reply I mentioned that this is still a good place to
contribute since it's not "done". Getting it landed in upstream can
take some persistence. :)

I hope this helps!

-Kees

--