Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 15:12:45 +0000
From: "Roberts, William C" <william.c.roberts@...el.com>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>, "Tobin C. Harding"
Subject: RE: [RFC V2 0/6] add more kernel pointer filter

I think one of the reasons it didn't work was that it was opt-in via %pK. It should have
always been filter unless one opts-out, at that point, you shot yourself and I could
care less about those. Killing %p just means there will be a lot of %lu users (as an example)
which means they would be harder to audit. I'm sure, somewhere, someone is doing that
already.