Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 23:21:46 -0400
From: valdis.kletnieks@...edu
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Issue with CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_RANDSTRUCT=y and out of tree modules..

I discovered the hard way that changing that config variable from n to y
and then doing a 'make' of an out of tree module resulted in it not working.

Once I did a 'make clean', the next 'make' resulted in a working module.
So I'm guessing that the kernel dependencies were too subtle for
the 'make' to notice that the structures had changed logically, if not
source code wise.  Probably not fixable, but could probably use
a line or two in the Kconfig help for the item.

I'll code a patch if that seems like a good idea...