Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 01:57:48 +0530
From: Shubham Bansal <illusionist.neo@...il.com>
To: David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc: Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>, Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>,
	Mircea Gherzan <mgherzan@...il.com>, Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com, linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org,
	ast@...com
Subject: Re: arch: arm: bpf: Converting cBPF to eBPF for arm 32 bit

Thanks David.

Hi all,

I have two questions about the code at arch/arm64/net/bpf_jit_comp.c.

1. At line 708, " const u8 r1 = bpf2a64[BPF_REG_1]; /* r1: struct
sk_buff *skb */ ".
    Why is this code using BPF_REG_1 before saving it? As far as I
know, BPF_REG_1 has pointer to bpf program context and this code
clearly is overwriting that pointer which makes that pointer useless
for future usage. It clearly looks like a bug.

2. At line 256, " emit(A64_LDR64(prg, tmp, r3), ctx); ".
    This line of code is used to load an array( of pointers ) element,
where r3 is used as an index of that array. Shouldn't it be be
arithmetic left shifted by 3 or multiplied by 8 to get the right
address in that array of pointers ?

Apologies if any of the above question is stupid to ask.

Best,
Shubham
Best,
Shubham Bansal