Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:04:27 -0700
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
Cc: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: It looks like there will be no more public
 versions of PaX and Grsec.

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Daniel Cegiełka
<daniel.cegielka@...il.com> wrote:
> https://grsecurity.net/passing_the_baton_faq.php

Yeah, I'm sad to see them go. PaX Team was just last night helping
with some details of PAX_REFCOUNT as it could appear in the upstream
refcount_t API. I hope they'll still help out from time to time.

It does underscore the critical need to upstream stuff, though. Forks
of projects might disappear at any time. :(

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Pixel Security