Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 08:06:08 +0100
From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz@...il.com>
To: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
Cc: Vaishali Thakkar <vaishali.thakkar@...cle.com>, Eddie Kovsky <ewk@...ovsky.org>,
	"kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Getting started

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Vaishali Thakkar
> <vaishali.thakkar@...cle.com> wrote:
>> On Monday 30 January 2017 12:13 AM, Eddie Kovsky wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>>> I'm interested in helping out with this project.
>>>
>>> I have a few small patches in the kernel. I just finished the Eudyptula
>>> Challenge and I'm looking for places where I can continue to contribute.
>
> Hi! Welcome to the list. :)
>
>>> I've been reading the list for several months now. I think I have a
>>> general
>>> understanding of the development process. Is there a specific TODO item I
>>> could start off with?
>
> What areas of the kernel are you the most familiar with, and/or what
> things are you interested in working on? That could help me tailor
> some suggestions.
>
>> Here, is one TODO list:
>>
>> https://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Self_Protection_Project
>>
>> Although I think few people are already working on some of these things.
>> May be you can also check the archives of a mailing list.
>
> The list is a bit terse (it's mostly been a brain dump as things come
> up), but yeah, if you see something there and want to know more, just
> ask. I'm happy to expand on any of them.

In that context, could you please Kees update the kernsec.org wiki
about GRKERNSEC_MODHARDEN and Timgad module [1] (name may change...),
the proposed solution supports both a global sysctl and a per
processes/container settings.

Thank you!

[1] http://www.openwall.com/lists/kernel-hardening/2017/02/02/21

--