Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 10:19:14 -0500
From: David Windsor <dwindsor@...il.com>
To: Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com,
	"Reshetova, Elena" <elena.reshetova@...el.com>, Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>,
	Hans Liljestrand <ishkamiel@...il.com>, Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>
Subject: Re: HARDENED_ATOMIC documentation

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 09:55:41AM -0500, David Windsor wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've put together some preliminary documentation for HARDENED_ATOMIC.
> This
> > will be in addition to the in-tree documentation earlier submitted for
> review.
> > This documentation contains only an API definition and examples.
> Justification
> > and background info for HARDENED_ATOMIC are included in the in-tree
> > documentation, so I didn't recreate this info in the kernsec.org
> > documentation.  Thoughts about this?
> >
> > You can find this documentation at http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/
> > Kernel_Protections/HARDENED_ATOMIC.
> >
> > Please take a look and let me know your comments.
>
> Please just send it as a patch so that we can comment on it, as well as
> don't send html email because the mailing lists reject it!

Sorry, I might not have been clear: this is just a request to review the
documentation I posted on kernsec.org for the HARDENED_ATOMIC portion of
KSPP.  We're going to use kernsec.org as a place to host additional
documentation for KSPP and its related sub-projects.  There isn't an
in-tree portion of this, so I'm not sure what I could submit a patch
against.  I probably shouldn't have directly CC'ed you on this; my
apologies!

> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Content of type "text/html" skipped