Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 12:45:18 -0600
From: Gary R Hook <ghook@....com>
To: Andy Lutomirski <luto@...capital.net>, Eric Biggers <ebiggers3@...il.com>
CC: <linux-crypto@...r.kernel.org>, "linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org"
	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, "linux-mm@...ck.org" <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
	"kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>,
	Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>, Andrew Lutomirski
	<luto@...nel.org>, Stephan Mueller <smueller@...onox.de>
Subject: Re: Remaining crypto API regressions with CONFIG_VMAP_STACK

On 12/12/2016 12:34 PM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

<...snip...>

> I have a patch to make these depend on !VMAP_STACK.
>
>>         drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes-cmac.c:105,119,142
>>         drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-sha.c:95,109,124
>>         drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes-xts.c:162
>>         drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes.c:94
>
> According to Herbert, these are fine.  I'm personally less convinced
> since I'm very confused as to what "async" means in the crypto code,
> but I'm going to leave these alone.

I went back through the code, and AFAICT every argument to sg_init_one() in
the above-cited files is a buffer that is part of the request context. Which
is allocated by the crypto framework, and therefore will never be on the
stack.
Right?

I don't (as yet) see a need for any patch to these. Someone correct me
if I'm
missing something.

--
This is my day job. Follow me at: