Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 12:22:36 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Stack guard canary massaging

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:48:45AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Sorry for cross-posting.

Sorry to bikeshed, but I think this isn't a kernel-hardening topic at
all, so the thread should continue on oss-security only, please.

Florian, if there's a reason why you think it's kernel-hardening
related, please let me know.  To me, it looks like userspace hardening
that is not even kernel-assisted (at least not directly in this place,
even though the kernel may have helped provide the random numbers).

If your cross-posting was to reach more of the right people, then you
have already done so, and they can join oss-security now. ;-)

Alexander