Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 11:19:05 +0800
From: Gengjia Chen <chengjia4574@...il.com>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: self introduction

Hi all,

My name is Jiayy (@chengjia4574 <https://twitter.com/chengjia4574>). I am
currently a security researcher in
android and linux kernel. My researches  consist on hunting vulnerabilities
in kernel code (most of them within drivers) and doing exploits using those
vulns.
I had found more than 40 vulnerabilities
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/chen-gengjia-a4411855?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>
which were confirmed by Android Security Team
in the past year. I also figured out some way to attack mitigation
solutions of kernel
(such as Bypass PXN <http://en.mosec.org/#speech_bg>).

Those works help me get familiar with the kernel(device tree, memory
management,
network , some features especially those associated with security such as
pxn, selinux, seccomp) and ARM instruction. However, it is not enough to
get
involved in real security development in kernel. Therefore, I am looking
for task
I can accomplish to be involved into real kernel development!  Recently I
found
this project (kernel self protection) and I thought it is so interesting.

I don't know whether I can involve and  where I can begin, I am looking
forward to
your response.

Thanks,

Jiayy