Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:17:02 -0400
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: Shubham Bansal <illusionist.neo@...il.com>
Cc: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>,
	"Reshetova, Elena" <elena.reshetova@...el.com>, Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for something to WORK ON

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Shubham Bansal
<illusionist.neo@...il.com> wrote:
> So overall I have 3 options :
>
> PaX's UDEREF feature - I want to work on this if its needed

This is a large project.

> PAN emulation on ARMv8.0 - My second preference would be this.

This sounds like it requires more research?

> Convert remaining BPF JITs to eBPF JIT (with blinding) - Happy to do it if
> need

I think this has value and there are folks that can help direct you
through this. Since you're new to kernel development, maybe start here
to get a sense of the amount of work needed, and then go from there?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Chrome OS & Brillo Security