Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 22:12:53 +0530
From: Shubham Bansal <illusionist.neo@...il.com>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: sandyinchina@...il.com, smueller@...onox.de, tytso@....edu,
	keescook@...omium.org, jsd@...n.com
Subject: Re: Looking for something to WORK ON

Hi Sandy,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:44 PM, Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@...il.com> wrote:

> Shubham Bansal <illusionist.neo@...il.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to start with linux kernel development and looking for some
> project
> > where I can contribute.
>
> Nearly all crypto and the address randomisation that is part of kernel
> hardening depend on good random numbers, for Linux on the random(4)
> driver. Getting it initialised early enough & well enough is an
> extremely tricky problem. Several people have proposed solutions but
> AFAIK none are complete and it might benefit from having fresh eyes
> take a look, especially if you have a good background in crypto or
> math.

I have a basic understanding of crypto as I just graduated. But it sound
really interesting to work on. I am happy to work on it if you think it
would be good, But I must tell you that I have to read a lot for this.

> Not all discussion is here; other relevant lists include
> linux-crypto@...r.kernel.org and cryptography@...zdowd.com.

Subscribed.

> People to
> look for include the maintainer, tytso@....edu, the main person
> working on the problem here, keescook@...omium.org,

Should I mail them to get the update and how can I start contributing ?

> two guys who have
> proposed drive rewrites that partly solve the problem, me and
> smueller@...onox.de, and one with a lot of excellent comments,
> jsd@...n.com.

Would it be possible to work with you on this ? I would try my best. I
would need some help from your side though.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. I would like to get started with
it soon.

Thanks,
Shubham Bansal

Content of type "text/html" skipped