Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:59:07 -0500
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Project convention on configuration options

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 22:48:34 +0100, HacKurx said:

> I don't understand why Intel and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
> does not sponsor grsecurity.
> Grsecurity is just as important as OpenSSL.
> They need help to continue!

The problem is that there's a *lot* of stuff that's just as security-relevant
as OpenSSL, but which hasn't gotten the support it should - things like
NTP (which Eric S Raymond has been cleaning in his spare time), GnuPG, and
probably a raft of other infrastructure.

But it's not clear that it's Intel's problem to support all of it by
itself, and the CII can only do sponsorship to the level that they themselves
have funding...