Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 13:57:31 -0800
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Project convention on configuration options

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:48 PM, HacKurx <hackurx@...il.com> wrote:
>> Noted.
>>
>> So, on the topic at hand, what would you suggest? I see real
>> value in retaining as much of what's been proposed before as
>> possible.
>
> I don't understand why Intel and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
> does not sponsor grsecurity.
> Grsecurity is just as important as OpenSSL.
> They need help to continue!

I can't speak for Intel or CII directly, but I'd point out that CII
*is* involved in a funding proposal from Emese, who is the author of
several of the PaX GCC plugins. If you'd like to help with some part
of bringing PaX and Grsecurity features to upstream, please discuss
what you'd like to do here and then bring another proposal to CII for
consideration.

-Kees

--
Kees Cook