Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 15:51:30 -0500
From: David Windsor <dave@...141.net>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: status: PAX_REFCOUNT

> That'll be a lot of patches. I wonder if we could break it up by
> top-level maintainer? i.e. everything in drivers would go in one
> patch, etc?

I can certainly do that, but the size of the drivers patch is going to be
tremendous.  I just figured that smaller patches would be less offensive to
upstream's delicate sensibilities =)

> I'm moving my way through the tree and will hopefully have an RFC
> submission
> > soon.
>
> Great! Are you working on this full-time? (If not, would potential CII
> funding help at all?)

Just working on this in my spare time.  I've wanted to see PaX/grsecurity
included upstream for a long while now.  Funding is unnecessary, as it
wouldn't enable me to get this finished any more quickly than I would
otherwise.  I'll publish my tree to github so others can help.

> I'll send an lkdtm patch that'll twiddle the atomic type, so you have
> something to validate it with.

Thanks!

Content of type "text/html" skipped