Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 09:03:12 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Question on prince mode

On 2018-05-02 22:42, Luis Rocha wrote:
> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 10:16 PM, Patrick Proniewski <p+password@...atpro.net
>> wrote:
>

> you hit another limit: max length of candidates. Try:
>>
>> $ ./john --prince=/tmp/prince  --prince-elem-cnt-max=4 --stdout
>> --max-len=24
>> tanbark
>> tanbarktanbark
>> tanbarktanbarktanbark
>> 3p 0:00:00:01 0.00% 2.823p/s tanbarktanbarktanbark
>>

> Thank you, I forgot about that one.
> btw,Is there any way to go over the prince max len of 32?

 From source:

#define OUT_LEN_MAX   32 /* Limited by (u32)(1 << pw_len - 1) */

We'd need to change a few 32-bit variables to 64-bit. Also, length 32
already makes for huge load times and "infinite" output unless you lower
other variables (like max elements) or use really small wordlists.

Are you going to need separators as well? Like putting a space between
each base word? I guess you can work around it by ending each word in
list with a space but then you'd need to strip the very last space with
an external mode. Or you could just hack pp.c where it puts words together.

magnum