Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:07:31 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: dmg file with lost password

Ian,

> On Feb 27, 2018, at 10:48 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
>
>> Then I found Johnny!!! http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny <http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny> (super awesome and makes it easier for someone like myself) So WHO EVER made Johnny??? THANK YOU! AWESOME JOB!
>
> Aleksey, Shinnok, and Mathieu made it.  They'd be happy to hear you
> found it useful, and we should probably merge Johnny into the main jumbo
> tree so that more people find it and so that we keep it consistent with
> the rest of jumbo.

Thanks for the kind words and really glad that Johnny helped in shaving off some of that initial FUD when trying out JtR for the first time. Speaking for Mathieu and Aleksey here too. :)

PS: I might get some time allotted to bring Johnny into 2018 this year. There's some improvements, testing and finishing touches I'd like to do.

Best regards,
Shinnok