Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:14:36 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GPU support for electrum

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 07:56:20PM +0100, Sam Roose wrote:
> Is there a chance to have GPU support for electrum format of hashed seeds
> or private keys?
> $electrum$1..
> $electrum$2..

Hi Sam,

Adding GPU support for these "fast" hash formats is not quite
straightforward, and we don't have a developer (read volunteer) with
enough free time to do so.

So such support is unlikely to happen soon on its own. You may try
encouraging development of such a feature by offering sponsorship /
bounty. Maybe we will discover some new interested developer(s) this
way.

Dhiru