Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 17:58:50 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenMPI and .rec files?

On 2017-11-23 11:15, Jeroen wrote:
> A clean check on a local system with a very basic setup shows that it is not a generic issue:
> (...) > I'll check cluster specific settings and behavior. If you've got
suggestions, please let me know.

Yeah I did some testing too and the only problems I saw (somewhere
beyond 120 nodes) were just ulimits or MPI-settings stuff.

If you find out anything useful for others, please report here!

Oh BTW it's very strange you can resume such session with (seemingly) no
problems. If you didn't already, you should look very closely in the log
file and see if there are any clues there. Perhaps there is some error
seen there that we should handle (or report) better.

Good luck,
magnum