Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:17:24 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: opencl on amd (mesa ISC and clc-amd) fails

On 2017-11-09 17:25, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 20.10.17 16:52, Claudio André wrote:
>> Short answer, MESA is not supported.
>
> that's unfortunate :-( I think I've seen mention of this somewhere but
> it's not said explicitly in
> the docs - only recommendation of using vendor-supplied drivers.

Just to clarify what Claudio said, we're (or I'm) aiming for support for
ANY OpenCL compliant gear (as good as possible) but we don't quite
"support" it (we simply can not test every toaster and
firmware/driver/runtime version). OTOH we don't strictly support
*anything* in Jumbo - every single part of it is best-effort. Right now,
due to quality problems with most anything else, NVIDIA (using their
closed-source drivers) works better than most anything else.

magnum