Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 14:56:46 +0100
From: redfast00 _ <redfast00@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: john --restore with periodically added hashes

Hi,
Here's the situation: I have 5 salted hashes. I do some cracking by running
john --format=netntlm hashes.john, crack 2 of them and after a while stop
the process by pressing "q". I then got some new hashes and added them to
hashes.john. When I ran john --restore, it didn't do the guesses it already
made before, even for the new hashes. Is there a way to add hashes and have
john crack them first, until the progress catches up with the other hashes?

Thanks,
redfast00