Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:25:25 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Loading high number of hashes on GPU

On 2016-11-14 16:34, Luis Rocha wrote:
> Yep had NoLoaderDupeCheck=Y in john.conf. It's working now.
> Thank you magnum!

Luis, we've come to realise that NoLoaderDupeCheck is actually supposed
to work fine. My guess is we have a bug in Sayantan's dupe removal code
that only surfaces under certain conditions - but I haven't been able to
reproduce your problem here.

Could you please try setting NoLoaderDupeCheck back to Y and find a test
case (as small as possible) that gets stuck in the infinite "trying next
table size" loop and then post that input file somewhere (or mail it to
me)? I'm assuming you are using some kind of test dataset that you can
share.

Thanks,
magnum