Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:21:52 +0100
From: matlink <matlink@...link.fr>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: restore jtr with more forks

Hello,

 I got a situation: I ran for a day john with --fork=5 without telling
the attack mode. So it started to crack showing 1/3 next to a percentage
of progression. At the end of the day, every fork was at state 3/3, and
guessed dozens of million of passwords each.

I stopped john, gracefully killing it with 'q'. Every fork stopped
normally. I wanted then to rise the number of forks, say 20. I ran john
with a new session and a new potfile. However, after dozen of minutes
passed, none of the 20 forks did crack a single password.

Am I missing something? Should I use the same potfile?

--
Matlink - Sysadmin matlink.fr
Sortez couverts, chiffrez vos mails : https://café-vie-privée.fr/