Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 13:08:33 +0200
From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@...tomas.sk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Show only cracked usernames and passwords for a
 given hash file?

On 06.09.16 22:55, nyxgeek@...abs.co wrote:
>Is there any way to have John's --show flag show just usernames and
>passwords cracked for a given hash file, in the format of:
>
>user00:Password1234567890
>

>instead of having it displayed in-line, like:
>
>user00:Password1234567890:1000:aad3b435b51404eeaad3b435b51404ee:17bd91defd0d2fe234239a5bb90a9595:::
>

>This would allow for the passwords for a particular hash file to
>easily be harvested/analyzed by performing a 'cut -d: -f2-', rather
>than having it be embedded inside the string.  By embedding the
>solved password inside the string, it seems to make it impossible to
>reliably cut out, since a password could easily contain a colon,
>which would then be misread as a delimiter.

would be easy if john -show accepted stdin as input file, e.g.:

cut -f1,2 -d: password |john -show -

>A workaround is to maintain separate john.pot files for each set of
>hashes being cracked, but I'm hoping there's a better solution.

since john.pot is of form "encrypted:plain", they could be merged even
without running john, just with a little scripting.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...tomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
WinError #99999: Out of error messages.