Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 17:35:20 +0200
From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@...tomas.sk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: specify home ($JOHN) at compiletime

On 28.07.16 16:06, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>(how) can I specify john's home directory (aka $JOHN) at compile time?
>seems that the compile directory is the default and I haven't found how to
>change it...

seems I have to redefine my question.

when having john compiled in a directory
/home/uhlar/src/debian/john/bleeding-jumbo/run/

then john.pot is stored as
/home/uhlar/src/debian/john/bleeding-jumbo/run/john.pot

instead of expected ~/.john/john.pot

any idea why?
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...tomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/