Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:28:58 +0530
From: Rawcoder <rawcoder@...nmailbox.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Using other john binaries with Ubuntu snap install

Hi,

First of all, thanks for providing the snap package of John the Ripper, it is really convenient.

I wanted to know if there is any way to use the other binaries/script provided by the package like zip2john, gpg2john etc. from the john-the-ripper snap wrapper.

If I try to execute them directly I get missing .so error which is expected since the .snap bundles the dependencies.
I was able to execute them by modifying the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable but it was nasty hack defeating the purpose of snappy.

So, is there any plan for exposing these binaries in the .snap package?

Also, the bash/zsh completion doesn't work because the *_completion files are part of .snap bundle.  Can we do anything about it?

Thanks,
rawcoder