Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 10:08:50 +0200
From: patpro@...pro.net
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PBKDF2-SHA1 3DES/AES

On 4 mai 2016, at 09:32, Steven Alexander <pdp11hacker@...il.com> wrote:

> The "Rockyou" list would be a good place to start.

Rockyou is very good, but you must also pay attention to your ruleset (--rules=)
I'm not familiar with PBKDF2-SHA1, but it looks horrendously slow, at 3500p/s on GPU you won't bruteforce anything anytime soon, unless the target is a very straightforward password. If I'm not foolishly mistaken, it's a ~690 days job to test only aaaaaaaa to zzzzzzzz.

regards,
patpro