Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 22:06:20 +0200
From: Doc Case <drdrgmtn@...o.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: PBKDF2-SHA1 3DES/AES

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user, and I'm a forensic consultant. This is my first time cracking a password so complex.

I need help breaking this one because I don't have enough power to obtain anything in short time... A little background:

in support of a litigation I've acquired an archive protected with system in subject. I've extracted the hash with one of the community tool, and with JTR i began trying all the standard modes:

Single, dictionary, and incremental.

I used the standard free wordlist (all.gz) and my linuxbox, with one GT970 and openCL, works at 3500p/s - c/s - C/s.

I reached three days straight of computational time, without any result.

So, I suppose that this password is a good one.

Anyway, I need it and i don't have any shortcut: no common words or ideas, no info at all.

All I have is brute force, if I don't go wrong.

So I'm here asking for help: is there any way to speed up the work? Beside buying 24 graphic cards tomorrow, I mean...

Any help is really appreciated,

Doc

Sent using Zoho Mail